Let's start with the good news. For those of you who enjoyed Pulchritude, there is now an audio book version available for download and it's sublime. I need to edit my Official Page to note the wheres and whens and hows and the many thank yous to the beta listeners, but in the meantime here is a link to the direct download. (ETA: Apparently you have to create a Sugar Sync account to view the files. Which is stupid. I'll try to fix that. In the meantime, here is a Dropbox link that doesn't make you do that.) I'll bug you all later in the month when I update my official author page with everything else.
The bad thing, however, is that I would like to sell this audio book to people who are in an ecosystem like Amazon MP3 Cloud Player or iTunes or Audible. I really wanted to do this audio book the same way as the eBook:
- Offer it for free to anyone who asks.
- License it under a Creative Commons copyright for sharing.
- Sell it through existing ecosystems for people who want to "donate" to the cause for the convenience of carrying it in their Audible/Amazon/iTunes account.
That's how I did the eBook. But I'm finding out, dipping my toes into the world of audio books, that audio book sellers are even more pissy about alternate sites with free downloads and Creative Commons than eBook sellers are. If that's possible. (Seriously, read that article. I cried, I'm so frustrated. Creative Commons and free content should be a choice the content-owner makes, not the content-provider. In my opinion.)
So I'm struggling on the business end of things and minorly demoralized. It's okay, we'll get past this. If you'd like to help, you can do things! Here are things you can do if you want to help:
- Download the Pulchritude audio book using one of the links above! That makes me happy!
- Tell me you like the Pulchritude audio book! That makes me happy!
- Tell the narrator that you like her voice! (But not in a creepy way!)
- (If you genuinely do enjoy the audio book and you don't mind it not being in your ecosystem-of-choice and you can afford it, then...) Feel free to donate via Paypal using the links at the top of this site! That means I'll be able to pay the narrator for my NEXT book!