Here are some Life Updates for people who are interested:
- I have had a bluetooth headset permanently stuck to my ear all week long.
- House is in the process of being repaired by roofers and A/C people. All of whom are awesome.
- We spent all last weekend looking at apartments and houses and found a house we loved...
- ...but it went to another buyer after we bid, which broke my heart. That made me sad.
- We're spending all this weekend looking at houses. We really like the pictures of one in particular.
- My boss is being very awesome about all this moving and medical stuff. Yay for nice bosses.
- ABNA judging starts tomorrow. *revs internal engine*
- I haven't written it yet, but I'm pretty sure this weekend's Twilight is going to rock. Why? Jacob.
- This is to announce that there will be a special announcement this Sunday evening.
- (If surprises make you uncomfortable, #9 is a reference to my novel.)
And, I guess... One more announcement. Several weeks ago I wrote a post and scheduled it for this Thursday's deconstruction. I've nearly deleted it three times now, because I'm not even sure I agree with what I wrote -- it's a subject on which I have... a lot of mixed feelings and ambivalence. (If surprises make you uncomfortable, the post is about removing triggering language from public domain mandatory school books and/or for personal consumption.)
But! The site wouldn't be called "ramblings" if I only posted things I was sure I agreed with and not just random thoughts that cross my mind while I'm in the shower and then subsequently refuse to leave my head until I share them with the internets. So what I'm trying to say is that I'm hoping in advance that I don't offend anyone tomorrow, I don't expect anyone to agree with me (I'm not sure I agree with myself), and if I don't respond immediately to comments it's not because I don't sincerely care -- it's because I'm chained to my bluetooth headset talking non-stop to realtors, lenders, mortgage people, roofers, A/C technicians, and insurance adjusters.
OPEN THREAD BELOW! (And people may spoil the white text above for comments.)