I had to concede he had a point, and I really do want my blog to be as accessible as possible, so while I solicit opinions about navigation from all my other readers (I have readers! I got shivers typing that!), I thought I'd put together a "how to navigate this site" post in the hopes that it might help someone.
If you're not subscribed to the blog, there are a whole slew of little thumbnail links at the top of the page so that you can subscribe via the medium of your choice:
- The orange rss feed button will take you to the rss feed link for this site, perfect for your favorite rss reader like Google Reader or the Google Reader Android application. This is your best option for blog subscribing as it reports every blog post I publish straight to your reader account.
- The dark blue Facebook button will take you to my Facebook profile where you are more than welcome to friend me. I try to remember to post all my posts to Facebook, but in reality I tend to only remember for the weekly Twilight posts and the GoodReads reviews.
- The light blue Twitter button will take you to my Twitter profile where you are more than welcome to friend me. I try to remember to post all my posts toTwitter, but in reality I tend to only remember for the weekly Twilight posts and the GoodReads reviews.
- The black Amazon button will take you to my Amazon profile to see my reviews.
- The white Barnes and Noble button will take you to my B&N profile to see my reviews.
- The cream GoodReads button will take you to my GoodReads profile to see my reviews.
- The white and red Gmail button will bring up my email and you can drop me a note any time!
If you're only here for a very specific types of posts, you can navigate by the post type links on the right side of the blog:
If it's the Twilight posts that really float your boat, you can bookmark the "Blog Deconstructions" category; if you're more interested in the posts on managing your eReaders, the "Reading and e-Readers" category is right up your alley. And, of course, if you just come for the scathing 1-star reviews, we've got a category for that, too!
If you're looking to see what's been posted recently, there's a list of posts by date on the right side of the blog as well:
The post titles are shown as part of the history, so you should be able to easily glance at the history and drill down to what most interests you.
If you're interested to see what I have planned for blog posts in the near future, there's a calendar app installed on the right side of the blog:
Important events such as the weekly Twilight posts and author interviews are listed here in advance, so you can know precisely what to look forward to seeing on the blog!
I do welcome any and all comments on the blog layout, navigation, and commenting engine - and I'll do my best to make and keep this site as accessible as possible for all my readers.